Friday, June 12, 2015

Play with Clay

Scrolling through Pinterest one day I spotted a neat necklace made from polymer clay beads.


I pulled out my old clay stash, mainly FIMO brand, and started shaping different sizes of simple circles. After shaping, I used a toothpick to create the holes.

 
 
Next came bead backing, done according to the package directions.

 
 
For the painting, I strung the beads on a toothpick which I balanced over an old yogurt container (which I recommend you keep--they have so many uses!), allowing me to paint the beads on all sides while letting them air out.

 
 
As expected, the beads had a matte quality, so I finished them with Mod Podge to make them slightly shiny while also protecting the paint..


Lastly, I strung the beads to create the finished piece. Viola!

 
Happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment